Saturday, October 30, 2010

How Did I Get Here?

I'm in the process of getting approved for bariatric surgery.  It's taken me a long time to get here.  As a disability case manager, I see all the negatives - the people having complications so I was a little scared to start.  But turning 49 (on Monday), finding out I have arthritis in both hips and 6 insulin shots a day.....  Not to mention years of failed diets and here I am. 

I've completed all of the required appointments except one and that one is scheduled for this coming Friday.  Then I can get my insurance approval and get the surgery scheduled.  I can't wait!  I'm not a patient person so having a process take 4 months just to get approved to have the surgery has been torture.  This picture is me in January 2010 - at my highest weight.

This blog will be my journal of the changes I experience - the joys and the struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment