Thursday, March 17, 2011

The diet police

For the first time - the diet police struck today.   I started to eat a bag (small one) of snack mix and someone said - no you're doing too good to ruin it with that.  And grabbed the bag away.  I got one mini-pretzel.

Normally that would totally piss me off - but she did it with love so it was o.k.

I'm so close to 100 lbs total gone - I can feel it.  But the darn scale won't budge.  It's frustrating but I know the weight will come off. 

I'm getting a little nervous about the 5 month mark - it's coming on April 1st.  I can start eating pasta, rice, potatoes, beef, pork - "normal" food.  The thing is - I don't think I want to.  I feel so much better not eating that crap - and I'm afraid to start eating it again.  I think that deep down I'm afraid that if I do eat that stuff I'll immediately balloon up again.  I know that it won't happen that way but that's what I'm afraid of.

I think for now I'll just take it slow and not jump in with both feet.  If I'm out and have something - ok.  But I won't cook that stuff as part of my regular diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment