Monday, January 10, 2011

Damn Pizza

Today is the 3rd pizza lunch since I've been back to work (December 17th).  Not to mention a cake and punch reception, bagels, donuts, Christmas, New Years, mom's birthday and Andrew's Christmas party at the Argosy buffet.  Then add in all the smells of the restaurants that I have to pass to get home.  Having to walk through the bakery and specialty cheese / olives section (or I could go through the chip aisle) at the grocery store to get anywhere from the fresh fruit / veggies to any other part of the store.... 

It's frustrating and it's hard.  I haven't caved though and I'm proud of myself for that.  I don't expect others to give up what they want just because I can't have it but still....  Does it have to be so extreme!  Does anyone really need pizza every week! 

I'm not going to cave - I can find other things that I can have that will satisfy any cravings.  But really - let's give it a break - o.k.?

I've thought about this all day and here's what I've come up with......

The fact is I'm going to have to deal with this or come April when most of my restrictions are lifted I'm going to be in trouble. 

Until I win the lottery I'm going to have to deal with the food at work. Unless I can find a new grocery store I'm going to have to walk from the fresh veggies and fruit through the bakery and specialty cheeses. And unless I move I'm going to have to drive past Burger King to get home.  

I'm stronger than all those things. Food will not rule me (again). Losing 78 lbs and being able to do more things is so much better than a donut or a piece of pizza that makes me feel like crap anyway. I'll take a 5 hr shopping trip with friends over either of those things any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment