Tuesday, May 31, 2011

He noticed

Eric came home last week - it was the first visit since early this year.  When he was home before - he didn't notice - even though I had lost 80 lbs total at that time.  This time, he got off the plane and said "Mom - you're shrinking away".  He said I'm "half-mom" now.  It really felt good.

There's so many things I can do now that I didn't do before.  I have so much more energy.  I've been doing laundry, cooking, cleaning....  And,

this weekend, while camping, I went hiking on the trail.  It ended in a trip to the ER but I did it.  I hike a mile through the woods with everyone else instead of sitting at the campground with Julie.  I also walked to the bathroom (most of the time - I drove twice).  When the kids went splashing in the creek - I went down to the creek as well. 

The ER?  The trail was muddy and covered in rocks and tree roots.  I slipped in the mud and landed on my outstretched palm.  My wrist is swollen and hurts like hell.  Andrew took me to the ER - they said it was just sprained.  They gave me a prescription for Vicoden but I didn't fill it.  I didn't want to spend my camping trip in a fog.  The next day - I hiked again - just a short trail and it was paved - it was also all uphill.  But I did it.

I have also bought a bike.  We took it with us this weekend camping but with my wrist in a brace - I didn't get a chance to try to ride it.

I started circut training at the gym.  It's hard but it's worth it.  I can already see a difference in my muscle tone.  I'm grounded until my wrist heals - but I'll be back at it and in the meantime - I'm going to go back to riding my stationary bike.

Nothing is stopping me now - nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment