Thursday, September 1, 2011

Confession Time

I haven't lost more than 6 lbs in 4 months.  I feel like I'm wasting this opportunity.  It started with my trip to Minnesota for Gary's wedding - at the same time I was first allowed to have carbs again.  Then we went camping - lots of bad choices and I broke my wrist.  8 weeks without exercise.  and sitting at home, watching TV - mostly cooking shows - and snacking.

Now the snacking pattern is back and I'm having trouble breaking it.  I tried to  blame the no weight loss on my accident - but that's not true - it's me.  I need to get back in the game.  I need to get a plan for lunches and dinners and stick to it.

Today, I have to work.  Tomorrow I'm home all day - waiting to leave to go camping.  Tomorrow I will revisit bariatric cookbooks and get ideas for lunches.  When we get back from camping - I will have a plan on how I'm going to overcome this and how I'm going to hold myself accountable.

Today is a start - I will take my protein shake to work and a yogurt.  I have no snacks at work so I'm stuck with what I take.  It will be a long day - we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment